Listed below is a full step by step guide on how to complete our Home DNA Testing Kits
Step 1 – Completing the forms
- Assign a memorable case password (this will be needed to discuss your case with anyone at Crystal Health Group).
- Complete all the details for each person taking part in the DNA test. Please read the terms and conditions on the second page. For test participants under the age of 16, a parent or guardian will need to sign consent.
- If there are any other possible relationships, such as the mother of the child and the alleged father being related in any way, make sure to note this at the bottom of the first page.
- For the payment of the test, you can either include a cheque/postal order, or contact us before you send your test to us and pay over the phone.
Step 2 – Collecting the samples
- Taking the swab – There are 2 mouth swabs for eat test participant. To obtain the required DNA samples, rub the cotton end of the swab on the inside of the left cheek firmly at least 20 times. Repeat with the second swab on the inside of the right check. For guidance, please follow this link for a video on this process How to collect a DNA sample.
- Air dry the sample – Both mouth swabs must be air dried before placing back into the sample envelopes. To achieve this, rapidly flick the swabs in the air for at least 15 second. Do not handle the cotton end. This will cause contamination of the DNA samples.
- Seal the swabs – Place the swabs into the relevant test participants sample envelope. Ensure all details are completed on the sample envelope and secure the 2 swab by sealing the flap.
Step 3 – Mailing back the paperwork and samples
Place your sample envelopes, completed consent form and payment form into the return envelope supplied. Seal the envelope securely.
Please refer to the kit box packaging or DNA Clinics for test result lead times. These are quoted working days from the day the laboratory receives the samples.
Please make sure you have recorded the Case Reference and the Case Password for your test as you WILL need both of these to discuss your test with Crystal Health staff.