We have an extensive range of Grandparent DNA tests and prices. As a result, this means that there are many cost options available to you.
The price depends on the type of collection and DNA test you choose. Below, we have provided some examples of what a Grandparent DNA test could cost based on your choices.
First, there are three types of sample collection service, these are:
- An appointment for your Grandparent test at a DNA Clinic.
- Or, an appointment at a location of your *choice by a mobile collection officer.
- Or, by ordering a DNA Grandparent test self-collection kit.
*geographic and practical limitations may apply for certain requests
Here are some examples based on the three options above.
Appointment based Grandparent DNA Test prices
First, let’s look at appointments at a DNA Clinic.
If you wanted to book a ‘peace of mind’ Grandparent Test at a clinic, the cost would be £294. This is for two Grandparents, one child, and can include one known parent (optional). Or, if you wanted to test an extra child, this would increase the cost by £90. So, to test two grandparents and two children, the total cost is £384.
What would be the cost of a Legal DNA Test using the example above? The cost for two grandparents and one child is £450. The extra person cost is £120. So, the total for two grandparents and two children is £570.
Mobile Collection Grandparent DNA Test prices
If you choose this option, the prices for a Grandparent DNA Test would be as follows. The basic cost for two grandparents, one child and one known parent (optional) is £330. The extra cost to have another child tested is £90. So the total cost for two grandparents and two children is £420.
The Legal Grandparent Test cost is £474 for two grandparents and one child. The extra person (child) cost is £120. So, the total cost for testing two grandparents and two children is £594.
DNA Grandparent Test Kits
If you prefer to take your own DNA mouth swab samples, you can order a DNA home kit. There are three options for the Grandparent DNA home kit.
- You can order a Grandparent DNA Clinics test kit from boots.com for only £19.99. The cost of the test analysis is then only £165.
- You can order a Grandparent Test Kit from our online store. The DNA test kit is free and the test analysis fee on return of your samples is only £165.
- You can call 0800 988 7107 and order a Grandparent Home DNA kit from a Clinical Advisor. The cost of the kit is £20, and the test analysis is £172.
To have an extra person (child) tested for any of the above options is only £50
Split Payment Options
To help spread the cost of your DNA test, we offer a split payment option.
For self-collection services:
We need the first half of the test cost when we receive your samples to begin the analysis.
For appointment based services:
To confirm the appointment, you must pay at least the first half of the test cost.
To receive the results of the test, you must pay the remaining balance.
This is a popular option and is available for all Grandparent DNA Tests.
What do we include in the Grandparent DNA Test price?
We include the following services in the prices advertised for all Grandparent tests:
- Grandparent DNA Sample Collection.
- Dispatch of Grandparent DNA test kits.
- Any deposits required for your Grandparent test appointment or test kits.
- Your Grandparent test appointment.
- Full support from a dedicated case manager.
- Laboratory DNA test analysis of your samples.
- All Grandparent DNA testing correspondence and reports.
- Also, Legal DNA Test costs include the following:
- Collection of legal identification for legal Grandparent tests.
- Legal verification by a trained sample collector for legal Grandparent tests.
What is not included in the price?
- Post Grandparent test support and optional counselling.
- Testing more people. For example, an extra child. We have detailed these costs above.
- Unusual mobile collection requests. For example, at a prison or hospital location.